Wednesday 2 January 2013

Holiday Sounds

My life is not complete without music - I'd rather have a stereo going than the TV.  Mind you that's not hard given that there's hardly anything worth watching on at the moment.

So anyway while on holiday I've been listening to Of Monsters And Men "My Head Is An Animal" which is a great rollicking album.  Although there is a definite icelandic bjork-inspired sound to them, they also fall into the current Mumford type folk/rock genre that is so popular.

Here's a link to Little Talks.

Little Talks

I have Ren Harvieu's "Through the Night" and it's fabulous.  She has a rich voice, that sometimes reminds me of k.d. lang.

While I live in New Zealand, I listen to radio on the internet a bit, and I heard this wonderful tune on Dermot O'Leary's radio show on BBC2.  I found it on sound cloud, and although Christmas is over, I had to paste a link - it is beautiful - and this cover of Joni Mitchell's "River" was recorded live on the show.

Ren Harvieu - River (Joni Mitchell cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment